Lead Facilities Technician (non-Union)
- Work with and supervise five facilities technicians in carrying out their duties for three,
high-rise, class A office towers in downtown San Jose.
- Experience in move coordination and familiarity with reading floor plans.
- Become familiar with Cushman & Wakefield policies and procedures and Adobe policies and
procedures as they relate to your position and job description.
- Become familiar with the layout of the facilities, location of storage rooms, shops,
conference rooms, labs, data centers, mechanical and equipment rooms, and loading docks.
- Maintain a neat and uncluttered work space and ensure that all facilities storage rooms are
neat, clean, and well-organized at all times.
- Always respond to customers, vendors, and fellow employees in a professional, courteous and
timely manner in carrying out your assigned duties.
- Check the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) website a minimum of three
times daily for work requests assigned to facilities technicians (typically first thing in the
morning, just before noon, and near the end of the day). Work with technicians to
coordinate work and re-assign work requests as necessary to facilitate completion on a timely
- Work to ensure that work requests are assigned on a timely basis, completing requests
within the assigned Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Check primary floors and conference rooms daily, inspecting formally for carpet stains and
needed repairs, marks on walls needing cleaning or painting, lamps out, marks on base rubber,
marks on windows, coffee bar area and restrooms in neat, clean, and good repair, white boards
clean, bent or broken window blinds needing repair, etc.
- Inspect a portion of the facility each day, so that the entire facility, inside and out is
inspected on a weekly basis. Both facilities technicians and the lead technician should
be creating work tickets regularly
- Oversee and assist with afterhours painting on a weekly basis.
- Work with Assistant Facilities Manager, Facilities Manager and the Space Planner to
coordinate and carry out moves, re-configurations, and furniture requests.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly safety meetings. Observe safety procedures
and endeavor to maintain an accident-free environment.
- Know your assigned procedures for various emergency situations and respond accordingly
should they occur.
- Maintain good attendance, on time, with minimal absences.
- Good supervisorial and interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; knowledge of Spanish a plus.
- General maintenance and handyman skills.
- Familiarity with furniture and office partition systems.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent work ethics, integrity, and sense of humor.
- Ability to interact with clients, management, staff, and vendors as a professional at all
- High School/Technical School diploma. Some college preferred.
- Five to seven years in facilities environment. Some familiarity with office
furniture, furniture systems, office moves, and general building maintenance, including
cleaning, painting and light repairs.
SEND INQUIRIES TO: Jonathan
Leder, Cushman & Wakefield at Adobe Systems Incorporated, 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA
||20 Mar 2012
To apply, either send your resume to email@example.com
or press submit resume button to apply online.