At Cushman & Wakefield, we employ the most talented professionals and invest in superior
resources and technologies to provide our clients with innovative advice and bottom line
The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled
with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for
owners, occupiers, and investors are what distinguishes Cushman & Wakefield from all other
real estate service firms.
Cushman & Wakefield is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following
Responsible for managing a mid to large commercial property, facility or complex in an
efficient and value enhancing manner that is consistent with the overall strategic plan for
each property, facility or complex.
Accountable for all business, financial, and management aspects of the assigned
property including preparing, implementing and adhering to the approved strategic plan, a
budget for the property, developing and maintaining strong working relationships with tenants
or occupants, and supervising the day-today activities of the engineering, maintenance and
other building staff as well as contract services.
- Develops and implements the approved strategic plan for the property. Has primary
responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the property to ensure that all site operations
are in compliance with established policies and procedures, the management agreement, and are
consistent with the client's overall objectives.
- Prepares annual budget, monthly financial variance reports, operations analysis, and
leasing activity reports for the client and ensures that all reports are reviewed and approved
by the responsible Portfolio Manager.
- Conducts formal site inspections at least monthly in compliance with established standard
operating policies and procedures.
- Monitors and enforces the terms of all lease agreements, the billing and collection of
rents and other tenant charges in compliance with leases. Responsibilities include all aspects
of lease administration including critical date master scheduling, lease notification and
- Bears primary responsibility for the creation and maintenance of all site-specific
documentation including but not limited to property information book, site operating manual and
emergency operations manual.
- Responsibility for controlling the procurement and expenditure processing.
- Ensures adherence to the approved budget with primary responsibility for variance
reporting; forecast cash flow of property; review real estate tax assessments; and file
required municipal reports.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and effective management of risk and liability for both
Cushman & Wakefield and client.
- If performing in an agency leasing capacity, participates in tenant selection, negotiation,
and analysis of credit risk. Coordinates with leasing brokers to quickly turn around vacant
space and to maximize occupancy and positive cash flow.
- Establishes and maintains open, positive relationships at all times with tenants and
occupants ensuring that all services and needs are met and in compliance with leases and
agreements. Conducts periodic visits, inspections and surveys and develops and implements
effective tenant retention programs.
- Oversees completion of tenant and capital improvements
- Hires, trains, and supervises (directly and indirectly) a qualified team of building,
administrative, maintenance, engineering, accounting, and management staff for the property to
promote efficient and cost-effective operation.
- Participates in the negotiation of service contracts with outside vendors
- Bachelors Degree with CMP/RPA designation desired.
- 5 years working in real estate with property management; 7 to 10 years experience
preferred. Minimum of 2 years experience directly supervising and managing a staff
- Must have knowledge and experience with financial accounting in commercial real estate,
financial reporting and budgeting.
- 15% Travel in the Northern VA area
- Strong literacy in MS Word and Excel.
- Highly organized and skilled with time management.
- Strong customer service/tenant relation skill required.
- Excellent technical facility skills (HVAC, mechanical, electrical and plumbing etc.)
- Excellent communications skills (written reports/analysis and oral presentation).
If you have the skills necessary to thrive in a fast paced environment, we offer a
competitive salary, excellent benefits package and a genuine career opportunity. Please
send e-mail to Sandra.Boyle@cushwake.com.
No Phone Calls/Agencies Please
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
To apply, either send your resume to
or press submit resume button to apply online.