About Cushman & Wakefield
At Cushman & Wakefield, we assist clients in every stage of the real estate process,
representing them in the buying, selling, financing, leasing, managing and valuing of assets,
and providing strategic planning and research, portfolio analysis, site selection and space
location, among many other advisory services. Our 13,000 worldwide employees, located in
231 offices throughout 58 countries, assess each client's needs and implement solutions that
fit the client's strategic, operational, and financial goals.
We employ the most talented professionals and invest in superior resources and technologies
to provide our clients with innovative advice and bottom line results.
At a client site or building, the Senior Accountant provides oversight and direction
regarding the primary accounting, bill payment/processing, financial support, and, as needed;
administrative/clerical support for the Financial Manager and Property/Facility Managers. This
position is expected to work closely with a Financial Manager and is responsible for
and updating financial records using data bases, spreadsheets, and accounting systems that
track expenditures, revenue, receipts, cash flow, and other financial activities. This position
has a high degree of discretion and independent judgment, usually supervises and directs
Accounting Coordinators and Accountants, and may act as an inside consultant on finance,
and billing matters.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of all invoices for entry into the accounting system,
monitors the entry of information and data, and verifies invoice accuracy, coding and data
entry for submission to property management and manages associated record keeping.
- Develops and maintains the records of financial transactions for the establishment.
Verifies, allocates, and oversees the posting of details of business transactions to subsidiary
accounts in journals or computer files from documents, such as sales slips, invoices, receipts,
check stubs, and computer printouts.
- Oversees the preparation and submission of documentation for expense reports and variance
process and obtains necessary approvals and checks for accuracy and accordance with established
procedures and policies.
- Responsible for the preparation and compilation of reports and analysis to show statistics,
such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and
other items pertinent to operation of business. Ensures the maintenance, updating and effective
summarization of applicable ledgers and computer files/reports.
- Supervises Accountants and Accounting Coordinators.
- A four-year college degree in Finance or Accounting is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of commercial finance or accounting experience is necessary.
- Must have the ability to work independently, exercise judgment and discretion, supervise
and direct others, and function as an inside advisor or consultant to C&W and client staff
on finance and accounting matters.
- Full working knowledge and applicability of general accounting and financing principles is
necessary. Full working knowledge of account payables, receivables, budgets, and expenditure
control is also required.
- Prior experience with automated accounting systems is necessary; prior working experience
with YARDI system is a plus.
- Must have ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals,
professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Must be able to create detailed accounting and analytical reports, business correspondence,
and procedural manuals.
- Must be able to effectively present information and analysis and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- May be assigned to either accounts payable or receivable and may oversee the handling of
billing/invoicing, cash receipts, data entry, budgets and budgeting, expenses, sales receipts,
vendor service contracts, timesheets and payroll, and some administrative and clerical duties
- May be responsible for the oversight of other accounting, reporting, and record keeping
functions as assigned.
If you have the skills necessary to thrive in a fast paced environment, we offer a
competitive salary, excellent benefits package and a genuine career opportunity. If you
are interested in applying please click the link below:
No Phone Calls/Agencies Please
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
To apply, either send your resume to
or press submit resume button to apply online.