At Cushman & Wakefield, we employ the most talented professionals and invest in superior
resources and technologies to provide our clients with innovative advice and bottom line
The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled
with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for
owners, occupiers, and investors are what really distinguishes Cushman & Wakefield from all
other real estate service firms.
Cushman & Wakefield is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following
Property Manager – New York,
Purpose of the Job
Responsible for managing a mid to large commercial property, facility or complex in an
efficient and value enhancing manner that is consistent with the overall strategic plan for
each property, facility or complex. Accountable for all business, financial, and management
aspects of the assigned property including preparing, implementing and adhering to the approved
strategic plan, a budget for the property, developing and maintaining strong working
relationships with tenants or occupants, and supervising the day-today activities of the
engineering, maintenance and other building staff as well as contract services. Will be
responsible for directly supervising a variety of staff which may include building,
administration, engineering, operations, maintenance and finance/accounting.
- Develops and implements the approved strategic plan for the property. Has primary
responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the property to ensure that all site operations
are in compliance with established policies and procedures, the management agreement, and are
consistent with the client's overall objectives.
- Prepares annual budget, monthly financial variance reports, operations analysis, and
leasing activity reports for the client and ensures that all reports are reviewed and approved
by the responsible Portfolio Manager.
- Conducts formal site inspections at least monthly in compliance with established standard
operating policies and procedures.
- Monitors and enforces the terms of all lease agreements, the billing and collection of
rents and other tenant charges in compliance with leases. Responsibilities include all aspects
of lease administration including critical date master scheduling, lease notification and
- Bears primary responsibility for the creation and maintenance of all site-specific
documentation including but not limited to property information book, site operating manual and
emergency operations manual.
- Has primary responsibility for controlling the procurement and expenditure processing.
- Ensures adherence to the approved budget with primary responsibility for variance
reporting; forecast cash flow of property; review real estate tax assessments; and file
required municipal reports.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and effective management of risk and liability for both
Cushman & Wakefield and client.
- Establishes and maintains open, positive relationships at all times with tenants and
occupants ensuring that all services and needs are met and in compliance with leases and
agreements. Conducts periodic visits, inspections and surveys and develops and implements
effective tenant retention programs.
- Keeps current of all developments in commercial real estate market affecting current or
potential value of assets.
- Oversees completion of tenant and capital improvements consistent with local codes and in
compliance with leases and work letter agreements to ensure owner and tenant acceptance, timely
completion, occupancy and rent commencement.
- Hires, trains, and supervises (directly and indirectly) a qualified team of building,
administrative, maintenance, engineering, for the property to promote efficient and
- Responsible for employee administration, including performance measurement, salary reviews,
setting goals and motivating subordinates to meet goals.
- Participates in the negotiation of service contracts with outside vendors to achieve the
highest levels of performance at the lowest cost in compliance with Cushman & Wakefield's
values, standards and guidelines for business conduct.
- Supports and provides leadership in a commitment to achieve C&W and client expectations
for service and business objectives. Consistently upholds and applies the company’s
policies regarding appropriate professional behavior to ensure that the values of the firm are
exhibited by the actions of the staff.
- Performs other related duties as requested by superiors.
- Minimum of a four-year college degree with CMP/RPA designation desired.
- A minimum of 5 years working in real estate with property management; 7 to 10 years
- Must have knowledge and experience with financial accounting in commercial real estate,
financial reporting and budgeting.
- Hands-on experience with tenant improvement construction projects preferred; ability to
plan, organize and coordinate multiple projects, ability to read and understand construction
specifications and blueprints.
- Minimum of 2 years experience directly supervising and managing a staff including
experience in planning and assigning work, performance assessments, training, hiring,
discipline, and development.
- Strong literacy in MS Word and Excel.
- Highly organized and skilled with time management.
- Strong customer service/tenant relation skill required.
- Excellent technical facility skills (HVAC, mechanical, electrical and plumbing etc.)
- Excellent communications skills (written reports/analysis and oral presentation).
If you have the skills necessary to thrive in a fast paced environment, we offer a
competitive salary, excellent benefits package and a genuine career opportunity.
To be considered for this position, please apply via:
No Phone Calls/Agencies Please
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
To apply, either send your resume to
or press submit resume button to apply online.