At Cushman & Wakefield, we employ the most talented
professionals and invest in superior resources and technologies to provide our clients with
innovative advice and bottom line results.
The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled
with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for
owners, occupiers, and investors are what really distinguishes Cushman & Wakefield from all
other real estate service firms.
Cushman & Wakefield is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following position in
San Jose, California:
Regional Facilities Portfolio Manager
Global Corporate Services (GCS) is a service organization that provides leadership in the
area of real estate management to business groups. The leadership is provided through a set of
comprehensive global space management services that include lease management, executive suite
management and facilities management. We work proactively and closely with the business groups
to identify, build, facilitate and operate global offices with the aim of creating a productive
and enjoyable workplace while delivering the financial goals of the company.
GCS is organized geographically, with the Regional Facilities Portfolio Manager
responsible for the leased sites. The primary role of the Facilities Manager is to support the
real estate & facility needs of the Business Units and corporate function in these
facilities. The Facilities Manager manages the day to day operations of facilities and ensures
business and employee needs and expectations are understood and met in a timely and
- Develop and improve the relationship with our businesses in every location in their area of
responsibility. Understand the needs of the business and proactively incorporate those needs in
the services and environments provided within the approved annual budgets.
- Manage all employees and vendor partners to provide the best quality service in our
- Establish and measure clear goals and objectives in support of the priorities of the
- Manage internal customer expectations for facilities-related activities, maintaining high
- Manage all aspects of the facilities including landlord and vendor relations in adherence
to lease agreements and contracts. This includes physical and electronic security, utilities,
and environmental health & safety.
- Continuously identify all operating risks, including environmental, health & safety,
and discuss solutions with management. Drive the implementation of measures, procedures and
training to minimize and mitigate them.
- Identify & partner with local staff in those locations where GCS has no physical
presence to address any issues or provide assistance.
- Partner with IT, HR, Finance, Procurement and other internal business partners in effective
delivery of services and support of our workforce.
- Develop, forecast and manage annual operating budgets for respective sites. Be accountable
for reviewing, approving, coding, accruing (when required) and/or disputing all invoices and
billings associated within area of responsibility. Provide recommendations for capital and
project budgets and operating expenses.
- Act as primary communication point of contact for all site-related communications. This
includes the development and management of site web pages, newsletters, Chatter feeds and other
methods for communicating with the employees in their respective sites.
- Plan and provide support of site events that excite, engage and energize employees.
- Innovate on providing the best end user experience on real estate and facilities.
- Coordinate and manage all facilities-related issues on all projects (construction and
renovation) within region of responsibility. Manage the development of the program design in
accordance with guidelines and standards. Recommend improvements based on lessons learned.
- Keep in touch with market trends in real estate and workspace design and provide input for
updated real estate standards, processes and practices.
- Establish short and long range plans to include supply and demand gaps, solution
development, and site requirements identifying priority construction, renovation or maintenance
- Support the director in all real estate activities within the region including site
selection, lease negotiation, renewals and disposals.
- Support the development of crisis management/business continuity plans; assume leadership
role during times of emergency or crisis and provide after-hours support as needed.
- Drive operational efficiency within the organization and with our partners.
- Take the lead as requested for special projects.
- 3-5 years facilities management experience
- Creative problem solver
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
- Make timely decisions using sound judgment based on C&W ethics and policy
- Strong leadership skills
If you have the skills necessary to thrive in a fast paced environment, we
offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and a genuine career opportunity.
To be considered for this position, email your resume with “Regional
Facilities Portfolio Manager” in the subject line to:
No Phone Calls/Agencies Please
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
To apply, either send your resume to
or press submit resume button to apply online.