At Cushman & Wakefield, we employ the most talented professionals and invest in superior
resources and technologies to provide our clients with innovative advice and bottom line
The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled
with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for
owners, occupiers, and investors are what really distinguishes Cushman & Wakefield from all
other real estate service firms.
Cushman & Wakefield is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following
Project Engineer – Shelton, CT/ Stamford,
Purpose of the Job
Position will manage engineering support for a portfolio of critical operating environments
including a 250,000 square foot, tier IV data center and a 1.4 million square foot banking
Position will support a Senior Property Manager and Operations Manager. The position
will report to the Regional Critical Systems Manager.
- Providing technical engineering, process and other required resource support to the
- Manage the implementation of the capitol project program for the facility.
- Manage all construction managers, consultants, vendors and management processes, i.e.
budget, design, build and commissioning of capital improvements
- Manage project work in the data center for equipment installations. Work closely with
IT to provide timely support of projects. This includes reviewing equipment
specifications, verifying that proposed equipment can be supported by the mechanical and
electrical systems on the floor and documenting all installations. Assure that all
equipment installations are in accordance with site policies and procedures.
- Support all infrastructure construction projects to include:
o Ensuring design complies with redundancy
o Ensuring that appropriate critical
environment work rules are factored into project.
o Assist in coordinating vendor
qualification programs and the vendor management process.
o Process, review and approve invoices
related to projects
- Drive implementation of engineering policies, programs and procedures throughout the
- As required, participation in working groups designed to standardize engineering work
practices and building infrastructure and management systems so as to achieve “best in
class” practices at each facility.
- Manage the facilities as-built records. Ensure that records are maintained and
updated. Retain copies of the critical infrastructure documentation on-site and have
available during emergencies.
- Ensure that all documentation at the sites is up to date and maintained at a central
location. Leverage available technology to store documentation, testing data, and asset
- Provide technical support to the Senior Property Manager relating to operations and
projects in the critical environments as well as coordinating Property Management resources
that can be tapped to support client initiatives.
- Monitor and manage electrical load tracking and cooling programs at assigned site(s).
Leverage building management and power monitoring systems to provide real-time and historical
- Coordinate technical support to corrective maintenance requirements within the critical
- Ensure that any installations of equipment, MEP infrastructure or IT hardware (with IT
coordination) allow for concurrent maintenance and maintain MEP infrastructure
- Coordinate and provide daily supervision and tracking of in house electricians
- Develop program and implementation process to coordinate with IT to assure that multi-cord
loads are properly installed and managed.
- Promote energy efficient and environmentally friendly operations.
- Assist in site participation in the ISO 14001 program.
- Communicate and coordinate with senior management as required in written or verbal
- Maintain relationships with IT managers and coordinate support for their data center
- Will be required to travel occasionally to other corporate facilities or off site
facilities for training and company meetings.
- Must possess ME or EE engineering degree.
- Five years experience in critical systems project management or design.
- Must be proficient in MS office applications, particularly Excel, Word with minimum
proficiency in Power Point.
- Must be proficient in use of e-mail, MS Outlook.
- Must be proficient in use of AutoCAD, MS Project and SharePoint.
If you have the skills necessary to thrive in a fast paced environment, we offer a
competitive salary, excellent benefits package and a genuine career opportunity.
To be considered for this position, please apply via:
** Not Eligible for Employee Referral Incentive**
No Phone Calls/Agencies Please
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
To apply, either send your resume to
or press submit resume button to apply online.