Abbott Laboratories retained Cushman & Wakefield to structure the disposal of their
former premises located in Alfragide, in the Amadora municipality, to the West of Lisbon and,
at the same time, to search for new office space, in the light of the implementation of a new
strategy for the pharmaceutical group.
After being instructed, the Industrial and Land team prepared a disposal strategy
• Property valuation, both financial and occupancy/use potential as well as redevelopment
potential (together with the valuation department)
• Definition of asking price and sale conditions
• Placing the property in the market, presenting it to a selected number of potential
Portuguese and foreign investors
• A follow-up of the sale process, identifying and privileging Abbott’s requirements with
special emphasis on timing
• The search and negotiation of new premises according to the requirements set out by Abbott
(carried out by the Offices Team).
The property was purchased by Snucker (Portugal) Confecções, SA. The transaction was
completed within the guidelines and timing outlined by Abbott for this operation.
In completing this instruction, C&W accomplished Abbott’s expectations by managing to close
the deal for the value that had initially been considered and within the proposed time frame,
as well as by successfully having met and negotiated the best contractual terms for Abbott’s
new office space in Portugal, through our Offices team.